Premed 101 Forums

How to pay tuition before getting loans?

Hey everyone,

Now that our lovely enormous tuition bill has arrived, it seems that we need to pay about $10,000 by August 15th (give or take UWO assistance, which I only applied for last week, so it wouldn't be included in my bill if I end up getting it). However, my loans don't seem to be "released" until August 31st (they're OOP loans), even though I applied pretty early. I get the impression that it's kind of a standard date, not a date based on when I applied. I'm not sure when OSAP comes out, but I assume some people must receive it in late August or September, too.

So, my question is -- how do people pay the first portion of tuition? Does everybody just put the bill on their LOC until loans are released, or does the school somehow take loans into account? This system doesn't seem very smart so far...

Thanks! :)

Western will automatically defer your payment if your OSAP has been confirmed by August 15, the tuition payment deadline. This assumes that your OSAP is enough to pay the first installment. Once you actually receive your OSAP funding, the funds will directly go towards paying your tuition.

Archived