Premed 101 Forums

omsas application question

Guest ikaj

Hi

I just started the OMSAS application. For the sketch, do we not have to put phone numbers and the names of the people that we worked for or volunteered for?

They want us to list our activities since we were 16yrs old...I am not even sure if the teachers that ran the various volunteer programs at my highschool are still working there!

Also, for the "questions" section. Question 2 asks if there are any reasons why my trascript does not reflect my ability. I do have an excuse for my poor performance in my last year. How detailed should my answer be?

thanks

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

You can reference phone numbers and contacts for your individual sketch activities by using the "verfiers" page. You will see a button that will link you to this page, at the bottom of the sketch webpage. In the verifiers page, you will have lots of space to enter all of those details.

Regarding the "questions" section, you won't have much room to be too detailed. Try typing in a long-ish sentence and see what happens. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Nikhila

Hello!

With regards to your question regarding verifiers for your high school, I ran into the same problem in that all of the supervisors of the activities that I listed no longer worked at my high school. What I did was I called my old high school and asked for the name of my guidance counsellor. It turns out she retired 2 years ago but the administrative assistant was kind enough to call my guidance counsellor and ask her to call me (as they are not permitted to give out personal information on school staff). My guidance counsellor called back and I'm using her as a verifier for the majority of my activities. Another one of my friends who was a successful applicant last year said she just listed her high school and that was fine. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Nikhila :)

Archived