Premed 101 Forums

Application Verifiers

Guest dddd

Just wondering if other people are adding verifiers for the 48 sketch activities? It says you need them for the individual school submissions, but I also see a link on the sketch page but no clear instructions. I'm wondering if the submission verifiers are good enough?

Guest UWOMED2005

I used (2 years ago) verifiers for everything on my submissions and sketches. But I often used one person who could verify a number of entries (ie one High School contact for all High School activities.)

Yeah, they are vague, aren't they?

Yup, very vague. And a little bit more room to write descriptions and city names would be a real bonus too...kinda frustrating spending all that time when no school seems to really use the sketch anyway...maybe I'll use 'filling out med apps' as a dealing with stress example:)

Guest blinknoodle

For the a/b sketch, do you need to include your verifier within your description of your activity?

Ie. Off-Campus cmt; charity student cookbook (8)

With the (8) designating my ref #8...

Or can I work it the other way, with each verifier designating the activity they're verifying in the comments section?

Yes, they are very vague......

Not exactly sure what your asking, but the way I did the auto bio section, is by putting the number of the verifier after the sentence.

eg:

During my second year of university, I was captain of the beer drinking league (3). I also played NHL Hockey (8). etc etc

When you do the verifier list, you'll have a numer corresponding to each person, ie #8 is John Do, your old coach.

Archived