Premed 101 Forums

A few Quick Questions

Guest JimCuddy

Guest JimCuddy

Hi everyone...

This is my first time posting because I just found out about this forum, but I think it is a great idea. There is a tonne of great information that I have found already.

1 - My first question has to do with the personal sketch. Are the entries supposed to be placed in order from the most recent to the earliest, or in order of importance? Or maybe it doesn't matter either way?

2 - Also, I need to have a college from outside of Ontario send in a transcript of my grades... is there any way of knowing if the transcript arrives by the deadline, because I know that OMSAS says they will not give out that information.

3 - In addition I will be having transcripts sent in from my undergrad courses at U of Waterloo through the OMSAS application procedure. Does OMSAS wait until the application is submitted to order the transcripts... and if so, does that mean the application should be submitted early?

4 - Ok... only one more question... I am finishing a degree in Arts at the U of Waterloo, which means I do not have the sci. prerequisites required by most Ontario Med Schools. I am going into my fourth year of my undergrad and this term I am taking 3 first year science courses. Will I still be eligible to apply to all of the Ontario schools if my fourth year of study in my undergrad consists of numerous first year courses?

I would appreciate any comments or answers that anyone may have.

Thanks! :hat

Archived