Premed 101 Forums

Is it worth it applying this year?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you can give me some input as to whether or not its worth applying this year? Or even in the future?

cGPA: 3.68

1st yr: 3.6-3.64 (cant remember the exact value; not full course)

2nd yr: 3.66 (course overload to make up for 1st yr)

3rd yr: 3. 65

4th yr: 3.88

MCAT: will take in Sept (pretty sure I'll do ok, but not great)

plenty of EC, cant get verifiers for all (coaching, dance, learning spanish, boxing, etc...) volunteered for 2 years at a hospital, 4 mnts FT volunteer at another hospital, 1 year working full time at a hospital. Didnt work during my undergrad.

Im starting a MSc prg. this sept (not research based though). I applied last year to mc, but didnt get in. I have a BA but took mostly sciences courses. Im missing the physical science and english requirements for some schools (and probably wont have time to take them).

I really want to do this, but I feel like all odds are against me.

Thanks in advance for your input.

you should!

GPA might not make some of the cutoffs, but if you make them, you have really good clinical experience and ECs, so should be good.

you definitely have a good chance once you make cutoffs. and if you're doing a master's then there are ways to bypass the undergraduate cutoffs (e.g. in ottawa, queen's there is grades forgiveness for graduate students, in tradeoff for research productivity or good graduate coursework).

Archived