Premed 101 Forums

Course profs vs Research profs

Well, I think that a lot of med schools require grad student applicants to get LOR's from their thesis research supervisors.

As for research vs. course professors, I think nearly all schools are fine (with the exception being MCW) with either as long as the research is for university credit.

Oh... Thanks Dayne for replying so quickly. One more question, do you think it would be suitable to get 3 references from science profs or should I make sure to get one from a non-science prof. And also, do all the references have to be profs? Can I get a non-science LOR thats not from a prof?

Oh... Thanks Dayne for replying so quickly. One more question, do you think it would be suitable to get 3 references from science profs or should I make sure to get one from a non-science prof. And also, do all the references have to be profs? Can I get a non-science LOR thats not from a prof?

Most US schools want letters only from profs and most schools require at least one letter from a non-science prof. The rules for grad students may be different so I'd check out the school's website to be sure.

Archived