Premed 101 Forums

Summer research projects in Radiology?

Hello everyone,

I am a second year medical student at the U of S and interested in doing radiology research at UBC or U of A during summer 2008. I am wondering if it is possible for me to do research at a medical school other than my own and if it is, then how should I go about setting up a research project? Should I contact the medical research offices at the respective universities or should I be directly getting in touch with a radiologist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I am a second year medical student at the U of S and interested in doing radiology research at UBC or U of A during summer 2008. I am wondering if it is possible for me to do research at a medical school other than my own and if it is, then how should I go about setting up a research project? Should I contact the medical research offices at the respective universities or should I be directly getting in touch with a radiologist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Yes, you can absolutely do research at a medical school other than your own. I did so and went about it by contacting the faculty with whom I thought I could work well, i.e., with similar research ideas.

That being said if you (or anyone else on this board who has an interest in radiology) are interested in a rads-related project I have a few initiatives on the go that could use an extra hand and that certainly will be publishable.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 1 month later...

Archived