Premed 101 Forums

Application Now Online

Guest JS2002

Guest JS2002

Yep, I'm applying this year... just have to write the MCAT in August, and then I'll try to have my application done well before the Oct. 15th deadline, around which the internet traffic on the OMSAS server will be extremely high...

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Regarding internet traffic and the OMSAS site, I don't know how they have configured Compass nor its backing hardware, but it may be a good idea, as you've alluded, to get your info into Compass as quickly as it is assembled. If the 2001 AAMC on-line application provides a decent yardstick, it appears that they've been plagued with problem after back-up, after problem after shut-down this year--in total, frustrating and hampering the efforts of seemingly quite a few applicants.

On the positive side, after having a wee poke through Compass and entering some of my own info for this year, it's a program borne from the heavens compared to its dinosaur DOS predecessor. Hallelujah for OMSAS evolution!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest anon

Can anyone tell me if I have to fill out the whole application to know my converted GAP?

I just want to find out where I stand before I apply.

• 2 months later...

Yep. I have had problems with Compass this week. On Friday night I was entering my academic info when it apparently went down. Thankfully, I only lost the last entry I had made not the entire session. If this is what it is like now, I can hardly wait until Oct!

Moral of the story: I think we should all get our applications done sooner rather than later!

Archived