Premed 101 Forums

Toronto Essay

Are we supposed to reference verifiers in the text of our toronto essay. I've already corresponded all my sketch items with a verifier. what abt the response for queens and mac, do u reference the verifiers in the text?

You should reference verifiers in the text for EACH school - toronto's essays, queen's & mac's questions etc. For example:

'As the president of so and so (7)...."

give the corresponding # of the appropriate verifier as it appears in your verifier list.

in the toronto essay should i mostly stress the research experience?

I know for UBC, research experience is not that important and I am thinking of only briefly mentioning it and mostly concentrate on my other life experiences (migrating to canada, volunteer experience) and how it has prepared me for a career in medicine.

Also, would anyone already in med school mind looking through my essay and give some input on it. If so, can you please PM me.

in the toronto essay should i mostly stress the research experience?

I know for UBC, research experience is not that important and I am thinking of only briefly mentioning it and mostly concentrate on my other life experiences (migrating to canada, volunteer experience) and how it has prepared me for a career in medicine.

Also, would anyone already in med school mind looking through my essay and give some input on it. If so, can you please PM me.

i don't think you need to overly-emphasize your research just for the sake that its uoft. if its really meaningful to you, and largely motivates your interest in medicine and largely reflects why you're suitable to practice meds then sure. i personally took the route of presenting myself as a well-rounded individual, while mentioning my research experience (tied it in with the section where i talked about my program of study).

i don't think you need to overly-emphasize your research just for the sake that its uoft. if its really meaningful to you, and largely motivates your interest in medicine and largely reflects why you're suitable to practice meds then sure. i personally took the route of presenting myself as a well-rounded individual, while mentioning my research experience (tied it in with the section where i talked about my program of study).

I did the same thing.

Archived