Premed 101 Forums

a vent

ugh

well i know this isn't everyone but is ottawa really lax on admission? i mean today my friend, yes my friend, just recently got an aboriginal status card (for the purpose of medical school admission)... i asked if my friend was going to really use it and the response was yeah and then i asked if there was any sense of giving back to the community or if theres been any involvement in the community on their part and the response was well no but i got a card and thats all i need (thats when i wanted to puke).... ottawa should really require a letter such as what is done at mcmaster. i mean i am all for what the school established but potentially ruling out those who actually care of their background and the possibility of individuals snaking their way through just to be in a lower cutoff pool and happily taking it because they have virtually no ec's... i am not too familiar about this process but tell me if you claim the status you have to have more than just a card?

in response to this... i only have one comment.

There's two types of individuals out there ... there's the ones like you, who work hard and put in the time to make of yourself who you are... And there's people who spend time going around and bending the rules.

What i can tell you, is to rest assured... your performance at an interview will be FAR better than the other's. Your life experience and your efforts into making yourself a better and well prepared candidate will be reflected throughout, and people who abuse of the system, never get rewarded. Med school admissions are not "stupid" although we might think they are... these people don't go unnoticed!

Keep up the good work, you'll make it!!

Also... keep in mind that if it's meant to be, it'll happen! And at the end of the day, your personal satisfaction is what matters :D

Cheers!

Archived