Premed 101 Forums

General Application Questions

Hi,

I was reading some posts but I could not find answers to some of the questions I had, so could anyone help me out please?

1- Where do we put the location for the activity we volunteered? And do they just mean the city?

2- If competition was not involved for awards, what do we put?

i don't think i had a single activity that spanned that long, but I have been putting things like "1st year university to 4th year university". if the activity is ongoing, i mentioned that in the summer/academic year section. You shouldn't worry too much about the "ongoing" description though, i think they see the dates you've listed in the normal sketch (which should show that it's ongoing)

Hi, I have a question about the courses:

Is a seminar (2 semester:3credits) a full year course like the research project (2semester:9credits)? If yes, this mean that they have the same value

I have the exact same question, Is a seminar (2 semester:2 credits) a full year course like the research project (2 semester:9credits)? If yes, this mean that they have the same value .. or they differ in course length 1.0 vs 2.0?

Hey ~

regarding whether a seminar (2 semester:2 credits) a full year course weighted like the research project (2 semester:9credits) ~ I think OMSAS only weighs things based on credits not on how long (ie. semester vs. full year) you took them. So, the thing with less credits may get weighted as a half credit, whereas the 9 credits full year course gets weighted as a full credit.

Pretty sure that's how it's done ...

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the following information...

If you are applying to the french section but you put your first language as english do you get thrown out?

No, I'm pretty sure you dont (as that would be true for many people in my class). You get eliminated at the interview if you can't speek it well, and you may have to explain why you applied to the french, but it can be done.

I was wondering if anyone can please help me with the following questions:

1- When they ask for hours, do you also need to put the hours in total after x many years?

2-For the extra-curric portion, when they ask for type of activity, do you need to expand on responsibilities too?

3-When they ask for level of education, is this also a duration Q? Eg, 1st to 2nd year or just put down 1st year, and then expand upon the duration in another provided box?

4-I wasn't clear on this although I asked before... If I started doing something in high school and I am still continuing to do so, what do I put for level of education?

Thanks so much!

Archived