Premed 101 Forums

One week to go in Ontario!!!

Guest aneliz

Guest aneliz

Hey everybody!

Only 7 more days until D-day! (decison day :) )

Is anybody else starting to really lose it? I have been pretty calm for the last month and a half (hardly thought about it!) but this last week is going to be pure torture! I am about ready to crawl out of my skin. (why is this happening?!)

Just knowing that the end is so near is going to drive me absolutely nuts....

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Please God, don't leave me in waiting list purgatory all summer....

Can everyone post their hopefully good news in one thread? Seeing as we have been hanging out here together all year, it would be nice to know how everyone did and where they will be in September! Good luck all ! :D

Guest browsing

well I see your point, but I still feel it would be more useful to readers if acceptance announcements were made in the school-specific forum because we'll also need room for various feedback + advice.

why don't you help us by keep an eye on each of the ontario forums and then tabulating the results here for all the frequent users. that might be interesting information, especially if we have a positive correlation between number of posts and acceptance to med school.

Guest PeterHill0501

Browsing,

sounds like a great idea...perhaps one person from each forum could update school-specific numbers so as not to place the burden on one individual.

MODERATORS: Is it possible so set up a single message that several, pre-defined, people could edit? I'm thinking that rather than a whole slew of individual responses we could create a table which could be edited, summarizing all of the results posted in one area: e.g.,

--------------------------------------------

School # Accepted #Waitlisted

U of T

U of O

U W O

etc.

Peter

Guest cheech10

If it's too much work for the moderators, I think it would be good if accepted individuals posted both in the individual school forum as well as this OMSAS forum. It would only take an extra few seconds, and I think both posts would be quite helpful. Great idea for centralizing all the info.

Guest PeterHill0501

I would say...we should have acceptances, waitlists and rejections as possible outcomes as a function of school (might be too complicated for the polling function provided...it would also be nice if people could respond and provide more personal statements below the poll as with the "which school would you choose" poll...

Peter

Guest aneliz

My original idea was that people could post kind of a 'summary' of their D-day results in the OMSAS forum. As a possible example of such a post:

"I applied to schools a,b,c and d. I received an acceptance from school a and b, am waitlisted at school c and rejected by school d. yada yada yada..... I am accepting school b, or conditionally accepting school a pending movement of school c's waitlist, or I have not decided what to do."

This would allow us to see 'at a glance' how the 'regulars' fared (TimmyMax, Liana, Peter and all the rest!) as well as anyone else that wants to post their results without looking for a post from that individual in every school's forum. It will also allow us to see any trends. (Are people that are accepted by Ottawa rejected by Queen's? How many acceptances, waitlists, rejections are people receiving? etc.) You could also post your results in the specific school forums as well - especially if you have questions about the school. I, for one, would be happy to post good news multiple times. :)

Good luck all - only a few days to go now!

Guest Liana

The only problem is, it may be a bit more challenging for those of us to admit our failings. :)

Composing statistical data would be interesting, but a bit skewed in terms of positive acceptances, since I'm sure most people (regular posters and auditors alike) would be much more willing to post (and keep visiting this board) if they've received acceptances rather than "not this year" notes.

Good luck next week! I hope to see an unskewed positive distribution of admissions offers!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I have no problem with posting my failings- Mac and UT both gave me the boot w/o interviews (Boo-urns). My reaction in each case was probably very typical- I was initially a little shocked and a little upset, but then made my peace with it and trudged onward.

Liana is right- I guess it will be easier for us to post our successes and failures so long as we have at least one success, but failure is nothing to be ashamed of, it's how you react to it and learn from it that counts! :)

Best of luck all!

Timmy

Guest PeterHill0501

TimmyMax...you have a great attitude. And I think previous posters have made some good points. I would personally post my failings, regardless of whether I get an acceptance or not...but I'm obviously a little different than many people :)

I think posting failures and successes and discussing possible reasons for both could be both very cathartic as well as help those of us who are unsuccessful this year learn for next year.

Peter

Guest governorgeneral

hey, i just remembered that there was a "university selection data" section on the omsas casi website. right now it's blank, but maybe they'll have everything up on the 31st?

good luck all!

Archived