Premed 101 Forums

SWOMEN/non-SWOMEN MCAT scores

So SWOMENs are given mmore lenient cutoffs... but when it comes to looking at MCAT scores, how would they be calculated for a SWMEN vs. non SWOMEN? Are SWOMEN considered separatly?

IE apparantly only VR and WS are used for the MCAT at uwo and its also apparantly worth 25% of whether you get accepted... so say a swomen scores 9 on VR and S on WS but a non-swomen scores 11 and Q, how could they give a score out 25 since the respective cutoffs differ? (8 for swomen but 10 for non-swomen)?

from what i recall...post interview, they dont have a leg up...i dont know the exact methodology...but i dont like ur example, lets say a swomen has an 9 on vr and an s on ws, and the non-swomen has an 11, and an S....the non-swomen has a leg up post-interview (this is all hearsay, its from what i gather)

from what i wrote, is what i gathered between pages 6-10...so i think thats as close as ull get to full info on it...and what i meant by "non-swomen has a leg up post-interview" i mean indirectly, as they would allready have a higher vs and W sample allready to be post interview.

i can't remember where i found it, but somewhere there are stats about swomen/non-swomen acceptances for the 2006-2007 (or maybe 2007-2008?) entry. basically it was something like 71 swomen interviewed, 67 offered acceptance. maybe not those numbers exactly, but something quite high. it gave me the impression that there IS some kind of post-interview bonus, but maybe they were all just stellar candidates!

• 2 months later...
i can't remember where i found it, but somewhere there are stats about swomen/non-swomen acceptances for the 2006-2007 (or maybe 2007-2008?) entry. basically it was something like 71 swomen interviewed, 67 offered acceptance. maybe not those numbers exactly, but something quite high. it gave me the impression that there IS some kind of post-interview bonus, but maybe they were all just stellar candidates!

there is no bonus, I think that SWOMEN and NON-swomen are in the same level, i asked this question before and that was the response I got, but now your stat is making me wonder

Whoa - this is totally news to me.....you're saying that the only marks that matter are the verbal and writing score? Physical and Bio, and meeting some grand total (ie. 30), isn't the way it's going to be for 2008 entry (obviously this isn't official but is that the word on the street?)

Whoa - this is totally news to me.....you're saying that the only marks that matter are the verbal and writing score? Physical and Bio, and meeting some grand total (ie. 30), isn't the way it's going to be for 2008 entry (obviously this isn't official but is that the word on the street?)

no no, u still need that 10 10 10 Q to get an interview, but POST interview u are ranked based on:

50% interview score

25% best year gpa

25% VR AND WS

• 2 weeks later...
so basically a 75% chance of interviewed SWOMEN getting offers...leg up or not i'd say those are damn good odds...

I don't believe there is an advantage.

You guys have to keep in mind that SWOMEN applicants are more likely to be "a better fit for UWO" than non-swomen applicants. This is the way of things, and its one thing that you are assessed on. Overall, i think the odds post interview are close to 1:1..which is darn good.

However statistics don't apply when ur population is 1 (you) and you cant put everyone on the same playing field so take it with a grain or two of salt.

Archived