Premed 101 Forums

UCCB ???

Guest seonagh

Guest seonagh

Hello,

In the OMSAS application, my university is listed as a college!!!! UCCB is both a college and a university but based on the way it is entered the forms won't allow me to enter a degree from there as anything other than a diploma. Any ideas???

Seonagh

Guest seonagh

Thanks Peachy,

I emailed and this is what I received back...

At this point, no. Because UCCB offers both diplomas and degrees, COMPASS will not allow applicants to calculate a GPA. Once OMSAS receives your transcript and verifies that your courses are indeed undergraduate, we will calculate your GPA for you, and provide you with written notification of our calculations.

I wanted to put it here in case anyone else is affected.

Since it appears that in the end the transcript will straighten things out, do you think that the university college status of UCCB would affect a student in an Ontario app?

Thanks,

Seonagh

Guest turtle
Since it appears that in the end the transcript will straighten things out, do you think that the university college status of UCCB would affect a student in an Ontario app?

Nope, not at all. The universities will receive your application directly from OMSAS after they've entered your degree program & calculated your GPA. The universities will therefore see you as having a university degre just like anyone else. I believe most schools make it explicit that they do not favour people from any particular undergraduate university.

turtle

Archived