Premed 101 Forums

Referees - Can't Input Extension for Phone Number?

Guest UofT Student

Guest UofT Student

It seems that in the Referees section, we are not permitted to enter anything beyond the area code and phone number. Is there no way to enter an extension for the referee on the online application?

I realize that I can just write in the extension after I print the reference form, but I was hoping for a computerized solution. :D

Guest blinknoodle

I had the same problem last year. To be honest, I just ignored it and didn't include the extension (they could always ask the directory, I suppose). My referee may have changed it themselves, though.

However, if you have access to Adobe Acrobat (the full version - not the freeware), you could add it in manually, so it would be there when you printed it out (OMSAS wouldn't see the addition online though).

Cheers,

-bn

Guest Elaine I

I had the same problem, not able to enter extension numbers for references. I just left it off, knowing that if someone called the basic number, they would end up with switchboard who could transfer them. Further, each of my references is also a verifier, so their extension numbers are listed there.

Elaine

Archived