Premed 101 Forums

Post Secondary Education Q

Guest NDtoMD

Guest NDtoMD

What do I enter as my program of study if I was an "unclassified" student at a university. I was going to Ottawa U, but took a few courses via correspondece through Athabasca without being entered in any program.

Thanks!

Guest Elaine I

I don't know the official answer, but I put my Athabasca courses down as "undergraduate", "science-other" and "no degree earned". I also listed them as "supplementary".

I found entering courses quite interesting, because I have far from a normal university record. In other words, I've taken far too many courses at too many different universities... Oh, and I've taken courses at multiple universities during the same term too. I really hope UWO can figure out that I did have 5.0 courses (actually more) last year, even though they were spread between different schools!

Elaine

Guest UofT Student

For UofT students such as myself, if we are studying in a "science" department within the Faculty of Arts and Science, do we list "Science" or "Arts and Science"?

Thanks.

Guest avisee

I would list it as Science, since I think it refers more to your program than the office departmental organization.

I believe "Arts and Science" probably refers to those students at schools like McMaster and Guelph who are officially majoring in Arts and Science.

Archived