Premed 101 Forums

Dental Residencies - AEGD or GPR

Hi everyone,

I am starting this thread for anyone and everyone who has questions regarding applying to GPR or AEGD programs. Although I don't know much about the Canadian program, I have gone through the application process for the American programs. I wish there was someone to help me (a Canadian) through the really confusing and involved application process. As this is the time for submitting your applications, this thread may be useful to some or many of you. Ask questions regarding applications, interviews, MATCH/PASS, post MATCH, actual residency experience, etc... Hope this helps.

Sweetyork (current AEGD resident)!

There isn't a MATCH / PASS process in Canada, and there aren't any AEGD program offered either, only GPR or post grad specialty. It depends on what you want to do in GPR, some GPR program is very surgical based, while other will give you a wider range, totally depends on the program.

Most program will start accepting application in early Sept or Oct, interviewing during late Oct to Nov. Acceptance being sent out by Dec.

A GPR program in Canada, you get paid very minimally, ranges from 15k - 46k (I think montreal/McGill paid the lowest, and UBC paid the most)

OMS resident

________

CELICA XX

Archived