Premed 101 Forums

Where is the COMPASS.OMSAS online application?

Guest HHSAC

Guest HHSAC

I just checked the omsas website where it clearly states under "important dates" that the online application will be available starting july 5th, but i cant find any link for it....did anyone else find this mysterious link or am i going blind/crazy?...

Guest Elaine I

I tried to access the site this morning, in order to print out my reference forms. I also couldn't find the application, so I called OMSAS. I was told that it would be up "at some point today", and that the link would be with all of the other OMSAS links.

Elaine

Guest avisee

Maybe my world is limited, but it seems like the only people who run on this sort of time schedule are the government and university admissions committees. By which I mean, when someone is very obviously waiting for information or resources that are incredibly important to them, and the administrative people give a deadline that keeps bleeding later and later. (eg, like government time, where "early April" generally means April 15).

Is it just my limited world experience that makes me think this is mostly a government/university thing? Do businesses actually work this way too? I mean, I'm sure they miss deadlines, but I imagine there's usually an apology and an overhaul to get things as close to on time as possible. With the government and university application processes, it pretty much seems to be a rule that a date quoted on official publications should be mentally adjusted to anticipate reality.

Archived