Premed 101 Forums

48 item list

Guest codloghorn

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

For the OMSAS sketch, only dates are required, but if you're applying to Ottawa, they ask for hours and whether you completed the activities during a school term, summer, etc.

As to the categories, they have been: formal education, research, awards, volunteering, employment and extracurricular activities.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Elaine I

Hi Kirsteen,

Are there any other requirements for the OMSAS sketch (ie: age to start at, must list something in all categories, etc.)? Also, what age are we supposed to start at? Do we have the opportunity to add a one-line description to each item, or just list the title?

Thanks for your help,

Elaine

Guest aneliz

You are not allowed to list anything prior to the age of 16... I don't think you can add a description - just the location, start and end date and name of the activity. There is no rule that you have to have something in each category....you could have nothing but formal education if you wanted...but I don't know how far that would get you!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Do we have the opportunity to add a one-line description to each item, or just list the title?
There are two free-text fields where you can add information about each activity. One field is longer (~80-120 characters if I recall correctly) and the other is shorter (~10-15 characters). The shorter field is for the location of the activity, and the longer field is for a description of the activity. If you use some creativity, you can end up providing a decent description of the activity, even in that limited amount of space. :)

Also, especially if you're applying to UofT, don't forget that you will need to devote at least 1 character per activity to your referee number.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived