Premed 101 Forums

anyone hear about interviews yet?

anyone hear about interviews for march yet? I'm out of the country now and requested [if i got an interview] to have it in the beginning of march]. i know there's been some that have invites for interviews, but those are the beginning of february.

and here's a question - the newfoundlander interviews go on for at least a few weeks. how do they decide who gets interviews first? do they interview the best applications first and then move down the list until they are out of interview slots? or is it completely random?

thanks

Hey

I'm a Newfoundlander living in Chicago and I got a call about a week ago at 6:30 am (I guess they didn't realize there was a time difference...) and I was told that I have an interview Feb. 22nd, but I have a huge conflict and I'm out of the country, so my interview is March 7th now. Has anyone with an interview received more info yet? Mail is sometimes a little slow getting down here, but I kind of need to make plans...

thanks!

i had an interview last year. the 'more info' that they send you isn't really much. they give you the time of the interview and tell you if you have your tour of the school in the morning or the afternoon. there's usually a meet and greet lunch with other med students in the student lounge. i think they also gave the emails of a few students to contact with questions if you had any. and a reminder to check in with a photo id at the undergrad admissions office. if memory serves, that was about all of the info that they gave. maybe some sample questions.

my question is - i actually requested an interview date of march 7th [if granted one]. i figure if i was getting an interview on that date, then i'd get a call or email this week coming [usually about 3 weeks before]. but i'm getting ansey. i'm living in the middle east right now and i need to know sonner rather than later. think i could call, explain the situation and ask if i have been selected? don't want to seem like a pain in the ass there [i called last week to add an additional contact number - but really to see if they would say anything about an interview - they didn't mention anything and i didn't ask]. is it pushing it to call and ask, or should i just wait until the end of next week?

as far as I can tell there is no direct correlation between the quality of your application and your interview day unless of course there are some complicated day-by-day differences. Last year I had an interview in the beginning of February and this year I have it on Feb 29th. Overall quality of my application improved but not all that much compared to last year. NL resident.

I doubt that. My guess is there are several hundred OOP applications for the 9 or so non-Maritime seats. :eek:

There are about 520 applications for the 8 International/Non-NL/NB/PEI seats.

NL is not a maritime province by the way. Maritime provinces = NS, NB, PEI. Newfoundland and Labrador is grouped as an Atlantic Prov normally (NL, NS, NB, PEI). Don't call NL a maritime prov. during a MUN interview. That would almost be as bad as calling AB an Eastern or Central province at a UofA or UofC interview.

This year's interviews are weird - at least in timing. From what I can remember, they used to do the OOP interviews [definately the PEI, NB] before they did the NL interviews. And I think that last year. the NL interviews started mid Feb and continued to mid March [my NL interview last year was almost the end of March]. There are NL interviewees this year with invites for the first of February. [And I know that they are continuing until at leat the 2nd week of March]Seems like the NL interviews are going on a bit longer this year - more applications? or cuz they opened up a few extra seats?

Does anyone have an idea of how many rounds of interviews MUN typically goes through?

It seems as if MUN has already offered a round to the maritime residents and two round to NL residents. March 7 seems to be scheduled for OOP residents.

This late in the game do you expect there to be other rounds of interviews for maritime or NL residents or is it a safe to assume only OOP residents will be hearing back for interviews from her on?

Quebec OOP got the call yesterday interview at 10:00 on the 7th

GPA 3.92

MCAT 11PS,13VS,14BS P

Volunteered at a hospital for the summer plus lots of involvement in student government and clubs etc.

Does anyone know how many OOP interviews are sent out? because I know there are only 8 spots for OOP.

Since MUN has only 8 OOP seats looks like they have their pick of the nation's best. Sadly it looks 4.0 GPA / 40 MCAT is what they want.

Not necessarily

I received an interview (OOP)

I have a 3.89/4 gpa according to omsas (i go to u of Manitoba so here its a 4.24/4.5) and have a 34 P Mcat the 2nd time i wrote. I did not do as well the first time but they do look at both scores and compare improvement

Archived