Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys,

Just wondering what area actually encompasses SWOMEN, I know it's determined by what high school you goto, I live in the City of London and my highschool was on the edge of town and fed many rural areas west of London so would I be considered a SWOMEN applicant???

I have this nagging suspicion that City of London/Windsor applications are not included since the point of it is to recruit docs who will work in rural areas...but i've also heard that all 519ers get an advantage.

Being a SWOMEN + concurrent eng/med would be a nice leg up as the french say.

Cheers,

Hey guys,

Just wondering what area actually encompasses SWOMEN, I know it's determined by what high school you goto, I live in the City of London and my highschool was on the edge of town and fed many rural areas west of London so would I be considered a SWOMEN applicant???

I have this nagging suspicion that City of London/Windsor applications are not included since the point of it is to recruit docs who will work in rural areas...but i've also heard that all 519ers get an advantage.

Cheers,

I'm not sure about the 519 advantage, im guessing that's the london area code? the UWO admission FAQs simply dismisses it as all applicants are either SWOMEN or not, so if a 519 area code is SWOMEN then you have an advantage. If not, then you're a NON-SWOMEN and in the same category as everybody else.

Hey guys,

Cheers,

london and winsor are inlcuded as far as i know in swomen.

I don't think it's all of 519 cause Kitchener and Guelph have that area code too and I'm pretty sure that's not SWOMEN... at least that's what I've been told. But man oh man I would love if it was that means I wouldn't have to rewrite my MCAT!

**** I just checked that map, I'm just a few millimeters away from the border :(

I don't think it's all of 519 cause Kitchener and Guelph have that area code too and I'm pretty sure that's not SWOMEN... at least that's what I've been told. But man oh man I would love if it was that means I wouldn't have to rewrite my MCAT!

**** I just checked that map, I'm just a few millimeters away from the border :(

ya the 519 thing is old...i heard it from a 3-4th year resident 3 years ago...so its like 9 years old probably before swomen existed and no longer relevant

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the SWOMEN boundaries :P

I live in Guelph (non-swomen) but work in Palmerston (VERY RURAL AND SWOMEN)... I think i should move! lol

btw - I seem to be one of the 'forum stalkers' as I read these things ALL the time and never post!!! You guys are really great at answering questions/giving advice...keep it up!

Archived