Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts to OMSAS ??

Guest gobluebaby

Guest gobluebaby

Does anyone know for the June Deadline, if the transcripts are to be sent electronically to OMSAS (like application) or by mail???

Thanks,

GoBlueBaby

Guest aneliz

You can do either.... OMSAS sent us a 'transcript release form' in the mail in the spring...you filled it out and sent it back with the $$ and they got your transcript electronically....or you could order it from your registrar and send a paper copy to OMSAS...and that was fine too.

Guest Aidan

Does anybody know where we find the "Transcript Request Form" on the OMSAS site to send or final marks in June? They keep on referring to it, saying Ontario students MUST use the TRF, but no where do they provide a link! How do we do it then?

Help? :\

Thanks,

-Aidan

Guest Steve U of T

I'm assuming they'll make it available later on, when they'll actually need the transcripts. I don't know about you, but I'm not even done exams yet, so my final grades won't be available for at least 3-4 more weeks. OMSAS wouldn't need your transcripts until they are available for everyone.

Guest Aidan

No, I'm not done exams yet either. Not until May 3rd. I suppose I'm just getting over anxious, trying to anticipate all possible problems.

Good luck on your remaining exams, Steve, and good luck on June 1st.

Cheers,

-Aidan

Guest aneliz

The year I applied, the form came by snail mail to the same address where I received interview invites... Relax, it will appear... either in hard copy or electronic form....but it is still really early to be looking for the form yet.... I don't think that transcripts are due until mid-June...(unless things have changed)

Guest tweep0

Hi all,

I will be away from my mailing address for the entire month of may. Do I have to worry about receiving any important letters/requests (like the transcript) during then? Thanks

Tweep

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Steve U of T

The transcript request form is now available on the OMSAS website www.ouac.on.ca/prof/trf_120P_b.pdf

I'm not sending mine now because not all my final grades are available yet, although this may provide some distraction for those of you who are getting anxious. It should make you feel like you're doing something important, rather than just sitting and waiting.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Steve, thanks for posting the link to the transcript request form (TRF).

Regarding the TRF, do all interviewees to Ontario medical schools need to send this in, or only those who took courses this past year? The reason I ask is because although I've been registered at UofT as a MSc graduate student, but I did not complete any courses this past year--it has been thesis year. Additionally, I will not receive my degree until November. Thus, if my UofT transcripts are sent to OMSAS in the next few weeks or months, they will not look any different than those sent in October, hence my question. :)

If anyone can shed any light on this that would be great, as I've never had to consider sending in my transcripts at this stage previously, since I never reached this stage previously.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

Curiosity got the better of me and I contacted and spoke with OMSAS regarding my question, above.

Any student who was registered at any of the institutions noted in the box on page two of the TRF must send in a completed TRF to OMSAS. (I didn't ask OMSAS this question, but I assume that this refers to applicants who are still in the running for seats at any of the five Ontario medical schools, as I don't recall having to send in a TRF in the past.) :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Nikhila

Hello everyone,

Quick question: is it only those students who are offered a spot in a medical school that are required to send in final transcripts by June 30th?

Thanks,

Nikhila

Guest Steve U of T

From www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/omsa...cript.html

At the end of the academic year, if you are still being considered by Ottawa, Queen's Toronto and/or Western, and if you are currently attending university, arrange with your registrar to forward a copy of your final transcript directly to OMSAS. You should obtain a copy of your final transcript for yourself to check for accuracy. Applicants to McMaster University will be requested to submit final transcripts directly, if required. Applicants to The University of Western Ontario who fail to forward a transcript to OMSAS will be disqualified. A transcript of the current year’s December results is not required unless it is your final term. Please note that applicants who have attended Ontario universities must use the Transcript Request Form to order final transcripts.

Please note that the deadline for receipt of final transcripts is June 30, 2004. Receipt of the TRF by this date does not satisfy the deadline requirements.

Applicants who have completed the work for their degree should ask the university to indicate on the transcript that the candidate is eligible for the degree or that it has been conferred.

So you need to send your transcripts if you are still being considered (i.e. if you have not yet been rejected). Also, make sure you send the form well ahead of time. June 30 is the deadline for OMSAS to receive your actual transcripts, not your TRF.

Guest aneliz

Steve is right... no transcript = no acceptance. Get those transcripts in!!! It would suck to be disqualified at this point over a transcript not being where it was supposed to be on time!

Guest Teemster

Hi all,

On the "Method of Payment" section of the TRF, a reference number is required. Is this the OUAC reference number? If so, there is one box too many. What is the last box for? What about "Amount Remitted"?

Confused,

Teemster

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Teemster,

Your OUAC reference number may begin with "2004" (mine did, and assuming that number wasn't a fluke...). If you're using that number, then there shouldn't be one box too many. (I completed and sent in my TRF form the other day.)

"Amount Remitted" is the amount of money that you're submitting with your TRF. For most folks, this will be $8.00, as most will need to request only one set of transcripts from one school. If you need to request two sets of transcripts then the remittance amount will be $16.00. ($8.00 per set of transcripts.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest blinknoodle

hey Teemster,

I know what you mean about the reference number. After my "2004" I have 6 digits. So I just ignored the last box.

-blinknoodle

Archived