Premed 101 Forums

Letters post-interview mailed out the last day in May?

Guest mydream88

Guest mydream88

Hi guys,

It is my understanding that letters regarding our results post-interview are being mailed out on the last day of May, or is it the last week of May? Thus on Monday May 31st then right?

thanks,

mydream88:)

Guest tweep0

Hi mydream88,

OMSAS sends out the results on the last business day in May. This year, that works out to be Friday May 28. So depending on where you are in Canada, you will probably receive your acceptances by June 1-4. Good luck.

Tweep

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

First, (not that I've received one of these before :P ) I was pretty sure that it is the Ontario medical schools that send out their acceptance packages, not OMSAS?

In terms of the dates when the materials shall be sent, we were provided with some of this information at the Ottawa and UofT interview information sessions. Apparently all the Ontario schools have agreed to have the freedom to send their acceptances out on May 28th (which is a Friday). UofT stated that they shall be mailing them on the 31st (the following Monday). Ottawa shall be sending theirs by e-mail on the morning of the 28th, with the paper acceptance package to follow, and UofT shall be sending their acceptances by regular post with no e-mail notification. (I'm not sure how Queen's, McMaster and UWO will go about their respective parts of this process.)

Overall, there should be some good news emerging on the 28th, and the remainder of the first round acceptance good news should appear that week following. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello,

As far as I know, Ottawa is the only school in Ontario that will email notification of an acceptance. I think OMSAS will have a part in handling the acceptances because they have to electronically record your answer (accept, conditionally accept, or reject) so that if in the case that you accept, your name can be deleted from the other schools waiting lists.

Wouldn't it be so nice to be in that position...:D

This waiting is killing me!!!!

Melissa

Guest MDHopeful04

I came upon some information regarding when MAC will be mailing out their letters in their course calendar:

registrar.mcmaster.ca/cal...ec_220.htm

It is stated that:

"Applicants will be notified in writing by McMaster University of the results of their application. These letters are mailed to applicants no later than the last business day in May 2004."

Hopefully MAC's letters will be sent out with the others on May 28th.

Just a note to point out, I believe that for MAC's interview invitations, they had said in an earlier confirmation letter that interviewees will be notified by mid-March, and they were received on March 1st, so who knows!

Guest pasoo

Actually, Mac is pretty notorious when it comes to acceptances/results of interviews...the letters are mailed on exactly the last day of May...AND, don't bother calling on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thus, or Fri thereafter if you havent received anything....they wont tell you over the phone :(

Ottawa emails you if you have first acceptance (but not if your on the waitlist)

Queen's is really nice....you can call them on the day of to find out if you got accepted/waitlist/rejected, or visit them in Kingston directly...however, they will not disclose your position on the waitlist...

Have no clue what the policy is at Western/Toronto....

Guest aneliz

UWO will not disclose anything over the phone...nor will they e-mail you. They will mail everything (acceptances/waitlist/rejections) on the last business day in May...

Acceptances are sent expresspost...so you should get it the next day if you are in Ontario...and by the day after if you are elsewhere in Canada. The rest are sent regular mail.

Archived