Premed 101 Forums

How does Ottawa calculate GPA?

How does GPA work at U of O? Cumulative - all four years? Last two years? Best 2 years? Something like UofT, where they allow you to "drop" six credits for every full year? I can't find anything on the website. I sent an email, but I'm sure someone here already knows.

Also, I would love to talk to anyone who is CF sponsored. If I get accepted to med school, I am planning on joining the Forces. Until I started looking at this board, I had no idea that there were different cutoffs for CF members. Is this only true for Ottawa? Does a person have to be full-time Reg Force to qualify? Or is it possible to be interviewed by the CF and be accepted conditionally, which would allow me to apply in that stream? I won't be joining the Forces if I don't go to med school, because I'm quite happy teaching six-year-olds to read. I'm only going to leave teaching for a career in medicine. Again, I have an email in to the CF...but I wanna know NOW! I hate waiting! :D

OK, found it! I hadn't read far enough in the OMSAS booklet. For some reason, when I made it to the grid with the requirements for each med school, I thought that was it and I didn't read any further. As for it being on this forum, I read most of the posts for 2007 (several pages worth) and hadn't found it!

Anyway, thanks! :)

Archived