Premed 101 Forums

GPA Calculation for UofT

After cruising around, I still don't have this completely figured out.

So if I'm applying after 4th year to calculate my GPA I:

- remove 8 of any random half courses from any of the years

- sum up all the GPA grades for every corse and then divide that by the amount of courses i have taken

??

Thanks

After cruising around, I still don't have this completely figured out.

So if I'm applying after 4th year to calculate my GPA I:

- remove 8 of any random half courses from any of the years

- sum up all the GPA grades for every corse and then divide that by the amount of courses i have taken

??

Thanks

Yup! You are right!

• 5 weeks later...

hm, i have a question about the way UT drops the lowest marks..

what if my lowest marks were in full year courses and not half courses, can they still drop those but just count that as dropping 2 half courses? eg. anatomy was a full year course for me, can it be dropped in the calculation?

hm, i have a question about the way UT drops the lowest marks..

what if my lowest marks were in full year courses and not half courses, can they still drop those but just count that as dropping 2 half courses? eg. anatomy was a full year course for me, can it be dropped in the calculation?

As long as you maintain full course load every year, you should be fine. UofT will drop the lowest 1/2 courses, full courses, and/or a combination of both.

If Im currently in my 3rd year, how does the GPA calculation work? Do I get to drop any marks? And are various years weighted differently?

If you applied after completing 2 year of undergrad (for 2008-2009 entry), then UofT will NOT drop the lowest courses. Instead, all the marks from the two years will be used to calculate your GPA

http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/programs/md/admissions/0809/Academic_Qualifications/Calculation_of_GPA_Weighting_Formula.htm

If you apply after finishing 3rd year of undergrad, then UofT will drop the lowest six 1/2 courses or lowest 3 full courses.

Different years are not weighted differently.

I hope that helps.

Edited: To change the GPA calculations. Thanks begaster for the correction.

Guest begaster

^

U of T won't drop any courses if you apply in your third year.

"Application after completing only two years of university education

GPA will be calculated using grades from all courses completed on a full-time basis during the two completed years of university."

Archived