Premed 101 Forums

Flinders Medical School - Australia

Guest Tyler

Guest Tyler

Does anyone know anything about this school - is it worth it to apply here? Or would it be better to apply to the other Australian schools. I eventually want to come back to Canada and don't mind doing FP at all and think that going to Australia would be quicker that waiting for Canadian schools to eventually let me in.

Guest babydoctor

Hey - I think most schools are good in Australia - I am currently attending the University of Queensland and I am really enjoying myself. I feel the same as you - I could keep applying in Canada and be finished a degree before they let me in. Do some research and find out which place is best for you - don;t just look at schools - look at the cities as well since you'll be there for at least 4 years.

Guest UAgrad

Hey,

just a quick question, because I thought you would know...how recent do your MCAT scores have to be in order to apply to med schools in Australia? I think that U of Sydney requires them to be no older than 2004... I took mine in 2002, so I guess I'm out of luck there unless I sit the MCAT again (not something I ever want to do again). But how about the other schools (Melbourne, Queensland, Flinders)? I imagine they're the same way but I just wanted to check...

Thanks!

Guest babydoctor

I think most schools require the MCAT scores to be no more than 2 years old, UQ is like that but I am not sure about the ohters. Check the web and it will say.

I am like you, would never write the MCAT again but it may be worth it to come here for 4 years!!

BD

Archived