Premed 101 Forums

2 Interviews in the same weekend = good idea?

lostintime

March 1/2 is too early for me...no time to prep =( But I'm kinda sketchy about the idea of 2 interviews i.e. Saturday and Sunday. If I do well on the first one, yeah, it's all good. But if I mess up, I'll probably feel bad and mess up the second one. April is too lateee though...runs into my exams =(

Does anyone have advice? Thanks =)

Haha true true...And the fact that all premeds will be crazy on Feb. 1 trying to book times and I might not even get the time I want anyway =P

I am also thinking on "fatigue" side...2 interviews/week sounds pretty intense mentally and physically...loooong drives in OPPOSITE directions...

Haha true true...And the fact that all premeds will be crazy on Feb. 1 trying to book times and I might not even get the time I want anyway =P

I am also thinking on "fatigue" side...2 interviews/week sounds pretty intense mentally and physically...loooong drives in OPPOSITE directions...

and they literally are OPPOSITE!

I was in the same boat last year. Friday afternoon I interviewed with MUN and then Saturday lunch time I was on Dal campus.

It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. Here is my synopsis:

Pros: It's a big time saver. You are basically preparing for the two interviews at the same time. It's easy to build on a good interview and do an even better interview for the next one. Plus it's only one weekend out of your life.

Cons: It is rushed. I had to leave MUN, and hop on a plane 3 hours after my interview. As a result I had to have everything packed and ready to go before hand. I then got into Halifax, rented a car and drove to my hotel and settle in (I didn't want to board). By the time all that was done it was probably 10. I then went over my notes until 12.

I also had very little time to look around Halifax and Dal before I had to fly back to NL that night.

Finally I would imagine if you had a bad first interview and you can't block it out of your head, it could effect your second.

Moral of the Story: There are advantages and disadvantages. You just need to maximize the advantages and minimize the disadvantages. It's do-able though. I managed to get accepted to both MUN and Dal, despite the bad schedule.

Archived