Premed 101 Forums

"Reviewed - Decision pending"

alpine

Reviewed - decision pending

All necessary documents have been received and your application has been reviewed but a decision cannot be made at this time. Most decisions will be made by the decision release deadline posted on our website. For CEGEP students only: We are unable to make a decision until courses in progress have been completed. Please see your decision letter for further details.

This is from HELP section. So, don't worry yet. cross your fingers!

I assume from the OP's previous posts that he is OOP.

The IP invites haven't gone out yet.

If you weren't granted an interview and your status changed to "decision made" then sorry to tell you but you been rejected. I got that last year...

If you did interview, then it can mean anything (accept, WL, reject)

I assume from the OP's previous posts that he is OOP.

The IP invites haven't gone out yet.

If you weren't granted an interview and your status changed to "decision made" then sorry to tell you but you been rejected. I got that last year...

If you did interview, then it can mean anything (accept, WL, reject)

Good to know, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a reviewed-decision pending as well and i emailed them to ask about it. This is their answer:

There are no final decisions made yet as to your application. We are presently interviewing candidates and should we need to interview more once the process has been finished, it will only be done then.

So i'm not sure of what this means.. but i know that those who got completely rejected already got their answer... so maybe there is still hope? anyone?

I got a reviewed-decision pending as well and i emailed them to ask about it. This is their answer:

There are no final decisions made yet as to your application. We are presently interviewing candidates and should we need to interview more once the process has been finished, it will only be done then.

So i'm not sure of what this means.. but i know that those who got completely rejected already got their answer... so maybe there is still hope? anyone?

They leave their options open just in case, but don't get your hopes up.

Do you have any idea as to why? what was ur position when u got that?

my grades are good (3.8/4) and 30Q mcat, its my first time applying... i didnt get an interview... could they still open up some days for new interviews?

no one can explain how the adcom works... your stats are good but it's not all about that. Rework your letter for next year, beef up you EC's, volunteering etc and you should have a good shot.

As for the interviews (I am assuming that you are IP), the chances of an Quebec resident giving up their interview spot is slim to none.. so I wouldn't bank on getting a late interview.

Last year I didnt get an interview... I had that message until after the interview period was over, when I got my rejection letter.

Unfortunately in past years, this message is basically a rejection. The people that are interviewed for IP generally don't back out of their interviews; the attendance level is near 100%.

Let's just try to do whatever we can to make our applications better for next year and hope that they take notice. :) Don't be discouraged!

I'm very curious to see what are the stats of the people that got that message... just to be able to compare in terms of grades. Put aside the extracurricular, because i believe ppl who apply are involved in many activities.

im a 3.8/4, MCAT 30Q

I'm very curious to see what are the stats of the people that got that message... just to be able to compare in terms of grades. Put aside the extracurricular, because i believe ppl who apply are involved in many activities.

im a 3.8/4, MCAT 30Q

Don't underestimate the weight of ECs and the Autobiographical essay.

Last year, I got no interview. I did not rewrite the MCAT. I didn't do a postbac. I didn't go to Africa to save babies. I simply rewrote my autobio completely so that it highlighted my activities and strengths, but most importantly clearly explained my reasons for wanting to become a doctor.

So bottom line, my numbers stayed the same from year to year, and this year I got an interview....

p.s. I have an MCAT of 32 and 2 friends with a 28 and similar GPA got interviews last year and one of them got in. So it's not all in the numbers...

Archived