Premed 101 Forums

Australia--Apply via ACER or consultant company???

Guest Sparkler7

Guest Sparkler7

Hi!

I'm a Canadian and am looking into the Aussie med grad-entry programs. I noticed that a some of the schools are affiliated with consultant companies (eg: Oztrekk, KomConsultants, etc.), who handle your paperwork for you in addition to providing other support (eg: counselling, flight arranging, etc.). Would you recommend using a consultant group or applying directly to ACER? Are there any Canadians out there who have used either of the above-mentioned companies to apply? I'd hate to be just wasting money buying a company's service if I don't need it, but if it's worth it...

Thanks!

Guest Spencer

Hey Sparkler,

I am currently with OzTreKK. I applied to the University of Melbourne for entry into Dentistry. If you apply to the University of Melbourne for grad-entry medicine, I'm sure they can arrange that for you. Other than Unimelb, the only other university they are affiliated with that has a grad-entry med program is UQ.

The experience that I have had so far with OzTreKK has been phenomenal (in a good way). The consultant, Matt, who works with me is such a nice guy. He answers all my questions in a heartbeat and always has time to acknowledge your requests. I have kept in frequent contact with Matt as he looks after all of my application stuff. I have gotten a response from Unimelb in a very short amount of time and I think part of that has to do with the fact that they are officially affiliated with the university. If I were to have gone through the process personally, response time may have been reduced by a lot!

I'm not sure how ACER will compare because I've never been with them, but OzTreKK is a good bet. They've got friendly people who are genuinely interested in giving you the good news.

Anyway, it's worth looking into. Contact them and see what they can do for you. They will answer any and all questions you have! Trust me on that one...I think I've asked everything possible!

Best of luck,

Spencer

Guest Spencer

Hi Kelly,

My dad is not a peds dentist. His line of work is quite far removed from the health care sector. Why do you ask?

Spencer

Guest kellyl20

no reason, just know someone with same name whose dad is a peds dentist. He also wants to become a dentist but would be a bit surprised if he applies to Australia.

Archived