Premed 101 Forums

University of Vermont

sunshine

I just received this update on the Vermont website:

Your file is complete and has been preliminarily reviewed. You are within a pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended. Please note that this does not guarantee you will be offered an interview and you may not see an update to your status for several months.

Our interview season runs from September through April and you will be contacted via email if you have been selected to interview.

What does this mean? Does anyone know if they are still granting interviews? If they're going to reject me, I'd rather they just do it now!

UVM responds well to people expressing a genuine interest in the school.

If you want to interview there, send them a note telling them how much you like the school and would love the opportunity to interview and learn more about the program in person.

...Or you could just say you'll be in the area and would love to interview at UVM :)

Your mileage may vary.

• 2 years later...

Did this university change its policy?

On the FAQ page (http://www.uvm.edu/medicine/admissions/?Page=FAQ.html&SM=applysubmenu.html), it says:

Question: Does the University of Vermont College of Medicine accept applications from international students?

Answer: The University of Vermont College of Medicine will only accept applications from U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents. This restriction is indicated on the AMCAS application. Please do not submit an application if you are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Archived