Premed 101 Forums

applicant evaluation post-interview

Hi everyone,

If not mistaken, I believe that the way the admissions office evaluate their applicants has changed last year. Are applicants now chosen by their interview and wGPA 50:50, or solely on the interview. I was looking for the old thread (from last year) but I can't seem to find it. Any info would/will be appreciated. Thanks :)

I believe that the admissions committee was considering the 50/50 breakdown last year though I think that, in the end, they kept their traditional evaluation scheme (which weighs the interview at ~90%). This is what I was told when I called in after having been waitlisted. I don't know which weighting formula they plan on using this year.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the final evaluation formula used last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Maserati,

One of the profs at U of O told me there's hardly any movement on the French list at all.

This was after being on the bad waitlist two years in a row. I know of a whole bunch of people who got in, but none of them from the waitlist.

This seems to happen because the French applicants want to complete their medical education in French in the first place, so barely anyone turns offers down, apparently.

Hi Maserati,

One of the profs at U of O told me there's hardly any movement on the French list at all.

This was after being on the bad waitlist two years in a row. I know of a whole bunch of people who got in, but none of them from the waitlist.

This seems to happen because the French applicants want to complete their medical education in French in the first place, so barely anyone turns offers down, apparently.

This is usually true. However, for some reason it moved somewhat last year, as there are about 5 people in my class from the waitlist. I don't think it normally moves that much though, and I've heard that sometimes it doesn't move at all.

Archived