Premed 101 Forums

What can you contribute to the class?

daryn

I'm a bit unsure of how I should answer this question. (which bothers me because it is pretty standard)

Should I talk about my strengths/personality? I can't say I would like to take on leadership positions, simply because I have never run for student government. I can't think of anything else that could affect the whole class.

i'm no expert, but i don't think it has to be directly applicable to the entire class...i'd think of it as, what qualities make u unique? what do u have to add to the diversity of the class? it can be a combination of your field of study, experiences, personality traits, talents, skills, etc that you have that will help u to better fit in/interact with/relate to some of ur classmates, patients, or ppl in general.

This is about the most thinly veiled "tell me all about yourself" question you will ever get. Go nuts tooting your horn about your life and accomplishments here, and don't be too modest about it. This is likely the only question you will get that will allow you to really show the interview team who you really are.

I would. You are not gonna get a lot of chances, so make the most of them. I am not saying to come off like a cocky prick, but don't short-sell yourself at all. These people do not know you from a hole in the ground and can only go on what you show them to decide how much depth you have. I would err to the side of telling too much rather than being modest.

Archived