Premed 101 Forums

Interviewer honesty...?

Riona55

So I interviewed at UofT last weekend and I could have sworn that I heard my interviewer tell me she's in psychiatry. Today, I was just thinking back about my interview and just for fun, I decided to google her (don't ask....i'm wierd like that, lol). To my (shocking?) surprise, I found out that she's actually a pediatrician/pediatric cardiologist O_O couldn't find any links between her name and psychiatry....

Isn't that bizarre?! I wonder if I somehow misheard her (which makes me wonder how many other things i've misheard) or if she really hated me so....lied?

oh dear...!

Unless it is a really unusual name, chances are there is a Dr. so and so who is a psychiatrist and another Dr by the same name who is a pediatrician....especially somewhere like Toronto!

You don`t always come up with hits on google for people if they aren`t active in academics etc. And even if they are they can be tough to google.

So relax. It's really easy to obsess over your interview when it is over....but your observation probably is completely meaningless.

hmm, very true. I guess I'm probably just being obsessive =P

But I must say I was really wierded out....they even had the same middle initial! In any case I guess it doesn't really matter, although, it really has sparked my curiosity!

Archived