Premed 101 Forums

U of T personality test

hey

I took it last year.

Its something like 200 questions, well they are more like statements that test your personality. So whether you're a happy or sad person.

Its statements like

" I like snow"

" Im happy when it rains"

"Im sad when it rains"

And than you pick agree or disagree

Check out http://www.eliteinterview.com for more info. They have info on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Tode, are you sure?

From http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~admliaison/disciplines/dentist.htm

SELECTION FACTORS, Valid Entry for 2008:

* Applicants will need at least a B+ to A- average to be competitive.

* Your academic average (AA) and Personal Ability Test (PAT) scores from the DAT test will be used in the admission process.

* Results of the interview and personality test will be used.

I also called Admissions this morning, and asked whether the Personality Test has any bearing on acceptance, or used in any way to evaluate candidacy. The lady I spoke to said YES, it is indeed part of the interview score and totally assessed.

For those who have done this Test and are at UofT, can you please share some questions you were asked? Thanks.

PS: maybe the personality test is used in the evaluation post-interview for some applicants while not for others???

Tode, are you sure?

From http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~admliaison/disciplines/dentist.htm

SELECTION FACTORS, Valid Entry for 2008:

* Applicants will need at least a B+ to A- average to be competitive.

* Your academic average (AA) and Personal Ability Test (PAT) scores from the DAT test will be used in the admission process.

* Results of the interview and personality test will be used.

I also called Admissions this morning, and asked whether the Personality Test has any bearing on acceptance, or used in any way to evaluate candidacy. The lady I spoke to said YES, it is indeed part of the interview score and totally assessed.

For those who have done this Test and are at UofT, can you please share some questions you were asked? Thanks.

PS: maybe the personality test is used in the evaluation post-interview for some applicants while not for others???

Sorry I guess my info was out of date :P

I understand and I took the test seriously, but I was wondering how significant percentage-wise? I know the whole interview process is worth about 30% in the entire admission assessment, but what weight does the personality test hold within the interview process? i.e. Is it 50/50, 50% your interview score, 50% the personality test?

haha NO WAY it is 50/50....personality test is probably at most 5% of 30%....I think this whole personality test is iffy...some people are saying from UofT it will count for something others saying it is still in the research testing phase to see if its valid. For instance, last year they said it would be used and it was not, might be the same thing again this year.

Right, and it seems strange to me that there is no transparency when it comes to the personality test. I've heard the same things as you in regards to how it is used (eg. its in the research phase, score won't be used, or even 10% of the interview process). I am just curious and would like a definitive answer into how it is weighted.

Then you did what you were supposed to do. Now relax and enjoy spring! :D

50/50 WOW I think if I had known that I would have put more thought into the answers. I just answered everything super honest so it didn't take very long. :confused: It could really help or hurt me..

50-50? That's freakin nuts!

Er.... 50-50 what? Anyone know the breakdown of the selection process pre & post interview? 50% personality & 50% CDA questions for selecting? Or 50% personality & 50% CDA questions for the interview portion (worth how much... 25%? 30%? 50%? with the rest being made up by GPA & DAT).

When we wrote the personality test (12:30 Saturday) someone asked how important the personality test would be. The two upper year students said they didn't know. The woman administering the test said: "All I'll say is that the personality test is looked at" (and repeated that when asked again). She has one hell of a poker face, I seriously got the impression that it was negligible or in the research phase.

Archived