Premed 101 Forums

Lack of mock interviews

To all the people who have been out of school for a years or more,

Do you think that we are at a disadvantage not having mock interviews with the school's career centre? As I'm going through this interview process, I'm finding it very difficult to have people to practice with and gain feedback besides, "Sounds good to me, but what do I know? I have no idea what they are looking for". How are others out there coping with this?

To all the people who have been out of school for a years or more,

Do you think that we are at a disadvantage not having mock interviews with the school's career centre? As I'm going through this interview process, I'm finding it very difficult to have people to practice with and gain feedback besides, "Sounds good to me, but what do I know? I have no idea what they are looking for". How are others out there coping with this?

Did you check with your school about having some mock interview sessions? At my school, anyway, they're available to alumni as well as current students. (If you still live near your alma mater, of course).

Are you working right now? Does your employer know you are applying to medschool? I am working this year in the healthcare field, so I've had some of my bosses put in their 2cents - thats helped SOOO much!

I think in the end it is really about knowing yourself and communicating effectively. If you can do that, and YOU feel prepared, my guess is you'll do fine - doesn't matter how many mocks you've done (or haven't done lol) (of course what do I know, this is my first year interviewing too!)

Archived