Premed 101 Forums

Transportation from London Airport to Downtown

For those of you familiar with the city, I'm going to be coming into London via the airport and need to get to my hotel downtown (at Richmond and Oxford). Google maps informs me that the drive is about 20 minutes (although I'm coming during the afternoon so not sure if traffic will be a factor). Just wondering if anyone knows what that might translate into for cab fare (I'm guessing $20-30?). Is there a cheaper way to get downtown that isn't too complicated? I know there's a city bus service but am not sure if taking it will get me lost. Any tips/suggestions?

Well, I was thinking of taking transit the next time I visit London.. there is a bus #36 from the airport to Fanshawe College (note: it only runs on weekdays) and then it looks like either #17 or #4 will take you directly to Richmond and Oxford. The buses aren't super frequent though, so it depends on whether your time or your money is more valuable :P I don't think the traffic ever gets that bad (trains notwithstanding), but someone who has spent more time in London can give their opinion.

I don't think London has an airport shuttle but I never looked. Typically the options are taking the Checker limousine (the only taxi that will take you away from the airport). They are priced based on grid, so you can call them up for the exact fare (I doubt more then $20). You could also look into a renting a car from the airport, which may be cheaper if you need 2 taxi rides to/from the airport.

Archived