Premed 101 Forums

To Xylem29, Regarding CHM220 did you get it waived?

kalia

It's the same Xylem, I had to change it because the old forum was shut down or something like that and I couldn't use xylem33.

Anyway, I didn't include a formal letter explaning the situation - I made sure that I emailed the admissions ofifce before I applied so that I didn't waste time and money.

What I basically did was email all the schools that I was interested in and got my answers that way. There's a few schools that will not make any accomodations, but there's enough schools that do. These schools will accept the UToronto St. George situation.

Albany

Boston

Baylor

Cornell

Dartmouth

Georgetown

MCW

Northwestern

SLU

Pritzker

UPenn

Vandy

Vermont

UVirginia

Wakeforest

WashU in St Louis

Wayne State

Yale

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...sorry to hijack the thread but this makes me a little worried. Kalia, could you explain exactly what situation you were asking about. I also go to UofT and am interested in applying to US schools. But I have the UTM Chm 140Y course which includes a full yr of lab. Would that not be acceptable as part of the lab course?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Xylem and I guess whoever else can help...

I am in the same boat with the chm220 situation...

how did you write the schools explaning the situation?? (especially to make it more convincing that St. George screwed us over and to let us by..)

are they fully aware of this problem and by mentioning chm220 they understand?

please let me know..this is so frustrating!

thanks!

I think most schools would waiver this.

I e-mailed some schools awhile back and I got few replies, which were all favorable.

And not all schools have chem. lab component as requirement.

I'm just going to apply to schools as if I have the physical chem. lab component,

and if this becomes a problem, I'll take it next summer before matriculation.

Oh, how I wish I would actually run into that problem.

Archived