Premed 101 Forums

spots son!

this is for anyone that has been to any of the more recent info sessions before their interview..

were you guys told what the exact breakdown for interviews handed out, offers (i presume its more than the allotted 110 spots), good waitlist, bad waitlist? (All English.)

just booored..

At the info session today Nicole mentioned that there are about 400(ish) interviewed for 111 english spots. The exact numbers of those being interviewed is not finalized as there have been people who have cancelled their interviews within the last couple days.

Good waitlist - Nicole mentioned that you will be told in your notification email whether you should be making 'alternate' plans for september (ie bad waitlist) and the 'good' waitlist usually offers up to the candidate ranked 170-180 although there have been years that the waitlist goes to 200.

I hope that helps - exact breakdown numbers aren't really available yet - since #s are still changning...

pretty sure nicole said there were 107 for english, not 111, maybe it was an error in our favor then!

I heard rumors they got into the 220s last year b/c tons of the best applicants were top at numerous schools, especialy their own province + u of t/USA... I mean 3.85 IP is pretty nuts when 3.7 for queens and quees for 2 best

I'm not sure why I thought 111??? I thought she mentioned that they were increasing spots by 8 this year: 4 english and 4 french - perhaps I misunderstood?? ...or...Maybe I just like 1's :P

Let's hope the waitlist moves the same way this year - I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

who cares...

i dont know why people worry about these things - do the stats somehow make you feel better about your chances??

you're better off preparing for your interview than playing the numbers game.

do the stats somehow make you feel better about your chances??

yes

i believe there was a certain number added to the french and military stream, not the english stream. I think i posted in another thread the english number they gave us when i interviewed a few weeks ago. I want to say 108 or 110, but if you're obsessing i'm sure you can find the number.

having already interviewed myself, i encourage all of you to prepare for your interview exclusively by obsessing about the statistic probability you will be accepted and completely ignore your own strengths, weaknesses, experiences etc... ;)

Archived