Premed 101 Forums

Western going to stick with 4-year honours requirement?

Just wondering if anyone has heard if Western plans on changing this requirement down the road.

UWO is a top choice, but if I do get in somewhere after applying with 3 years of undergraduate study, how could I possibly turn it down?

Any insight from people in a similar situation / that have been in a similar situation as my own? Are there ANY exceptions to this rule?

Just wondering if anyone has heard if Western plans on changing this requirement down the road.

UWO is my first choice -- by far. But if I do get in somewhere after applying with 3 years of undergraduate study, how could I possibly turn it down?

Any insight from people in a similar situation / that have been in a similar situation as my own? Are there ANY exceptions to this rule?

If I had to guess..... no way...

UWO has progressed to this point..... I think in an effort to more mature applicants.... not to say someone 20 or younger can't be mature but I imagine given more time to go through university really adds to maturity....

I didn't have good reasons to do medicine until my 4th year or so.... I think you'll see almost every med school at least in ontario get to this point.... I've heard people from schulich mention that a masters may be required one day.... but completely hypothetically.... and it's hard to require people have 6 years of school to apply lol.... but I bet you they'd still get good applicants....

either way.... I don't think they'll drop that requirement as they just added it.

Archived