Premed 101 Forums

tickets, etc.

Guest Meds2003

Guest Meds2003

Hey guys! For those of you that were going to Ireland this fall I thought this might be a useful thread for us to share info about ticket prices, etc. I've started looking into flights for mid-end sept. and right now ticket prices seem to be aroun 800 dollars (flying out of TO). I'm hoping there may be some last minute deals. Also, some people at studentdoctor.net mentioned that ticket prices in Dublin are actually cheaper and so it might work better to buy a return here and use the return in June and then buy your ticket home at Christmas in Dublin. I'm getting pretty excited about going abroad - I'm just worried about how i'm going to get all my stuff there! :P

Guest avaid

hey meds2003 congrads by the way

yeah i was lookin into the tickets to they are about that much i thought they would be cheaper for some reason. where are to headed to next year which one of the 3. im goin to ucd. you think it would be cheaper over there keep in touch

Guest Meds2003

Yeah - that's what I heard. I asked around and it seems like tickets back to Toronto at Christmas time would be around 300 - 400 euros - I guess it's practically the same. I am going to Trinity in the fall. Where are you from? I'm currently living in Toronto.

Guest avaid

hey meds2003

yeah im from toronto too. dublin is goin to be expensive from what im hearing. somebody was tellin me to take everythin i will need like everything. i dont know if its that expensive. have you heard anything.:eek

avaid

Guest Meds2003

Yeah - packing is going to be a huge pain in the ass. What did your friends actually tell you to take? What do you mean by everything? Are you planning to live off campus or are you living in residence? I'm not sure if I really like the idea of living in residence again and I would rather get a place by myself. However, I'm unsure if I will be able to meet many people this way and to get a 1 bedroom apartment prices run upward of 800 euros which is quite pricey. Anyways, keep in touch.

Guest avaid

hey meds2003

yeah, basically everthing from toothpaste to what every you will need, you the the basic needs pen pencil and stuff like that. i would actually prefer to live of campus and have my own place. i have never lived on residenceand i hope i dont have to. by the way how much is the residence for you if you decide to live their in the campus.

talk to you soon

avaid

Guest Meds2003

Hey there! It depends on the residence, but I think it's around 4000 euros or so for a single room. Are you planning to go early to find a place off campus?

Guest sporter1992

hi,

has anyone bought a plane ticket yet? What airline, stopovers, city. etc?

Looks like a plane ticket to dublin is around $1000 now. Anyone have some tips on cheaper tickets?

Thanks

SP

Guest Badkarma25

Hi everyone,

right now the cheapest place to get a ticket to dublin is travelcuts...pay the $16 for an isic card and you're set...I got a one way ticket on us airways for 700...why one way you ask? i would have gone to travelcuts but my family is coming with me so i wanted to fly with them (and they aren't students)...also i didn't pick a return flight yet because no one knows when we'll be done (but i know it will be earlier than the 22nd which is the last published day of exams at ucd)....and most airlines nowadays charge a hefty change fee (200 or 300 cdn)...i also spoke to the international student advisor at ucd and the irish embassy in ottawa and was told that having a one way ticket is not a major problem for getting into the country...worst case is they will only stamp your passport for a week instead of the usual 3 months, which means you just have to register with the garda sooner (everyone has to register so no biggie)....but yeah tickets are expensive right now becuse high season to europe lasts until about mid september (example you can fly from toronto to dublin return in octoboer for 500 + taxes)....but definitel ycheck out a travel cuts near you. go to http://www.travelcuts.ca for a location near you....good luck

Guest redshifteffect

Hey i don't study in ireland (though it was one of my choices, and i did get admitted to Dublin) but i just want to wish you all a good first year...

I know how it was my first year of med and i guess the uniqueness of being in a foreign country is pretty cool for a while.

Anyway best of luck to all of you

Archived