Premed 101 Forums

Positive Outcomes Vibe Thread

GOOD LUCK tomorrow guys, seriously, I am feeling some good vibes about tomorrow's news.

Even though I bombed the majority of my stations, and I can't quite put my finger on it, I feel very optimistic about tomorrow's email. Got my long weekend all planned out in accordance with my gut feeling, I know, I've set myself up for a heartbreak, but BRING IT ON BABY, BRING ON THE FIYA!

Good luck everyone. I wanna see an official "OMG, I got in" thread tomorrow from everyone here - especially the people from last year who didn't get in.

Awww... this is so heartwarming. I think the class of 2012 is going to be an awesome one if anyone on this thread gets in. I've always believed that for every qualified candidate, there's a spot out there...it's just a matter of time. And this is my second time applying too...Good luck everyone!! I'm curious to know if there's anyone out there who's pretty sure they'll get in. I mean there's gotta be someone out there who's just as incredible (and sincerely so) as they look on paper.

Only the OOP's get emails right?

Last year, all OOPs and anyone living far enough away from WPG so that they couldn't receive their letter in time (can't remember if it was 15th or 16th), got emails.

edit - looking through old posts, it appears that letters will be "sent" out tomorrow to be received by the next day, and to keep things "equal", all those who would be receiving emails received them the next day as well...so it's really the 16th! Damn! Unless they sent out the letters TODAY!

I'm gonna party like I got accetped this weekend - and just assume that next week, when my letter arrives, the postman is gonna get a big fat kiss on the cheeks! And a big bear hug! WoooHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think today, we should be hearing from some IP people! COME ON GUYS, LET'S HEAR THE GREAT NEWS!!!

To give peeps an idea of the IP regular category stats for people who actually posted acceptances. This was last year:

GPA MCAT

May 3.9 10.75

3.9 11.5

4.3 11.75

4.22 10.5

4.1 11.25

3.99 9.75 AVGS 4.068333333 10.91666667

June 4.3 10.5

3.8 9.75

4.5 10 AVGS 4.2 10.08333333

This year so far:

GPA MCAT

3.71 11.5

4.1 11.25

4.2 10.5

3.9 12

4.3 11.25

4.5 11.5

4.3 10.25

4.25 11 AVGS 4.1575 11.15625

The averages are fairly similar for the same acceptance times this year and last (MCAT the same if you pull out the 9.75 in May). So it looks like the pool is fairly close to last year. Looking at last year, the Avg MCAT for offers was 10.72 with a median being at 10.5 (so some very high ones and a lot hanging around the 10-12 mark). The aGPA was 4.14 mean and median at 4.15. Max and min MCAT 9-13.5; aGPA 3.61-4.5.

Because of the extra 10 seats this year, I would expect those numbers to fall slightly. One disappointing thing is that there are 5 deferrals from last year.

If you concerned about your GPA, it really isn't the major factor. Looking at the stats, about 216 Reg IP were interviewed with 89 offered. Your chance is around 41% if you get an interview. Last year my MCAT was just above the average and my PAS was middle quintile, and aGPA on the lower end. I was waitlisted bottom half of 40. I guess I did fall into the "middle" mark. Hopefully my PAS will be in the 2nd quintile to just push me over this year.

Hey Arrandhil - don't worry girl, I read your posting on the gen boards. I'm 26 this year, so I'll be 31 when I finish, and if I don't get in this year, I have a plan b and c, both of which inlcude reapplying to medicine so I might even be 30 by the time I get in. It's no big deal - it's all in our own heads, it's a social construction anyway, you can never be too old (within practical reason) to get into medical school.

TIME TO GO AND KISS the mailman!! BRING IT ON BETH!!!

If it is a big brown envelope that is quite thick, it is an acceptance!!! :)

Hey AWESOME roycer, lol. Sweet man, nice feeling eh? Good job man.

As for me, I might be joining you guys in WPG come September, but not as a peer, but maybe as a janitor or something, maybe I'll be the tech guy, lol. Get my MB residency and apply IP next year, ;) . No joke!

Archived