Premed 101 Forums

Question for those previously wait listed

In the wait list email they say, "You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list". I find the telephone or e-mail bit sort of confusing. Do they call some people and e-mail others randomly? Call and then e-mail everyone? Call and then e-mail you if they can't get in touch with you by phone rather than leave a message?

Personally, I would prefer if they would just use e-mail because I'm not home often and the whole leaving a message over the phone thing has a lot more room for error than e-mail. Thanks for your help.

In the wait list email they say, "You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list". I find the telephone or e-mail bit sort of confusing. Do they call some people and e-mail others randomly? Call and then e-mail everyone? Call and then e-mail you if they can't get in touch with you by phone rather than leave a message?

Personally, I would prefer if they would just use e-mail because I'm not home often and the whole leaving a message over the phone thing has a lot more room for error than e-mail. Thanks for your help.

I got a call. They left a message saying to call the office back at my earliest convience. Then emailed a package. However, your mileage may vary.

Good luck.

Another waitlist question:

Are there seperate waitlists for OOP and IP applicants? Does anyone know home many OOP seats are available? Does anyone know how many 'good waitlist' spots there are? I am on the OOP 'good waitlist' and trying to figure out how the wait lists work. Any info is appreciated

I would assume there are 93 people on the good wait-list as they made 107 offers, and nicole said they draw the line at #200 on the list, so in the past 2 years, they've gotten past #200 if they made offers to people on the 'bad waitlist' ie below 200...

I would suspect this is because the GPA is so ridiculously high now at ottawa that people on waitlist for ottawa, usually get in to mac or TO if not elsewhere, and if they get in there first, get off the ottawa waitlist by default, also, lots of people who u of o wants, toronto takes and therefore there should be movement (I hope)...

Beyond this, I don't think there's an IP/OP difference...

I think we owe to the group to post the second one is called from the waitlist so we can get a sense for action taking place.

Archived