Premed 101 Forums

CPR & First Aid

Do we require a valid CPR and/or first aid certificate? If so, when do we require these certifications by?

While I am a practicing paramedic, I don't actually have a card that says I am certified in either CPR or first aid. If we need to show these cards, I will work on getting proof of certification from my employer, so that I don't have to sit through the actual classes.

Thanks for your help!

Elaine

Do we require a valid CPR and/or first aid certificate? If so, when do we require these certifications by?

While I am a practicing paramedic, I don't actually have a card that says I am certified in either CPR or first aid. If we need to show these cards, I will work on getting proof of certification from my employer, so that I don't have to sit through the actual classes.

Thanks for your help!

Elaine

You can typically have your employer write something like she has EMCA which exceed the requirements of Standard first aid and health provider CPR. I imagine it should be easy to get from your employer. I have AMFR, a first aid course, and it actually says right on the certification that statement.

Congratulations Elaine on getting in. I met you at Dalhousie and I'm happy things worked out.

Archived