Premed 101 Forums

Waiting List Question

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering when Ottawa (generally) starts contacting people about wait list? I really want to come to Ottawa, but provisionally accepted Western... so now I really only have until June 13th to hear. I'm a little anxious, can you tell? :) Thanks for your response.

Well, think like this - we know that the interview comes before the gpa, so if you got a 4 or a 3.75, you'd be in no matter what your gpa, the 3.6/3.5 range maybe 3.4s are waitlisted so you're either a 3.6 which means you're more ore less in or you have to wait till all the people with 3.6 interview scores are offered, till they get to the 3.5- of which you are at the top, either way based on past year's numbers - if an average of 65 ppl are offered, you'd probably be in...

Your GPA is pretty high so your chances are good. However, Ottawa U isn't contacting any waitlisted people until after the provisional acceptances are made final.

So you're going to have to either play it safe, which in terms of medschool is probably the BEST choice, and just accept Western. Otherwise you can roll the dice, reject Western, and hope Ottawa U gives you a spot after the provisional acceptances are made final.

maybe we should call and ask if we can expect to hear anything on the 29th, or 30th? or if the waitlist update will come out after the weekend so June2nd or 3rd, it'd be nice to hear on the 29th or 30th for the people who get in can hear on the weekend.

Anyone willing to call them on monday?

med hopeful - take a deep breath! you need to realize that at this point in time there's nothing you can do to alter your chances at this point. they will contact everyone once they get all the other offers sorted out. i know we all wish things can be concrete and etched in stone but unfortunately it's not; quite similar as the medical field.

keep busy and try to not stress over dates, gpas, sketch evals, etc. i know it's hard as i was in your shoes.

good luck (everyone)!

I complained of the LACK of integrity, not 'of people's integrity'...

Percieved lack of integrity. It's still pretty insulting to most people, particularly when you consider people can make honest mistakes. Questioning people's integrity is a pretty irresponsible thing to do especially through the internet where you really have zero idea about people's true motivations.

Anyway, if you want to know, you call. Don't ask other people to do your dirty work for you.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but were there rejection emails or only 'good'/'bad' waitlist. :confused:

Thanks!

As far as I know, Ottawa U does not send out rejections, everyone interviewed gets either a "good" or a "bad" waitlist email. The "bad" waitlist is often interpreted as a rejection, maybe this is what Mark2000 was talking about.

Archived