Premed 101 Forums

uniform

Guest rubberoduck

Guest rubberoduck

Orientation package has still not arrived yet |I . So here I am, trying to buy a set of scrubs so I can go into the operating room where I do my summer research. I was thinking of getting other required uniforms in the same shipment. Does anyone know what uniform we are required to have? I still have the labcoat from undergraduate, but it looks different from the coats doctors wear. What should I get?

Guest Left and Leaving

Hey there! I rec'd my package today (in Halifax), and as far as I know, there was no mention of anything uniform related. The only thing that was said about clothing was that we'd get fitted for a jacket during o-week.

See you in Aug! :)

Guest rubberoduck

I know most people have received their orientation package yesterday, so I'm wondering, is there anyone who hasn't received it yet? I'm afraid mine is lost in the mail or something.

Guest MDWannabe

Don't worry about the clothes. Use the hospital scrubs. You don't want to bring those dirty one home!!

And avoid the white coat. It gets awfully hot in the hospital, and you'll just get weighed down by the pockets. I think I got through clerkship wearing mine maybe 2 or 3 times, in the face of some insistent attending in medicine rotation.

Archived