Premed 101 Forums

french stream waiting list

Hi guys,

here's my question for you,

Im on the french stream good waiting list, knowing that only a few people get in from the waiting list (in the french program) do we know approx. how many people are placed on the french good waiting list !?! I guess it might be quite short ?

And If anyone has any stats of how many people got in on the last few years feel free to write plz !

my chance seem so small ...

thks !

Well I'm in the same boat as you! I haven't been able to find out how many people are on the french good waitlist... I am also hoping it's quite short!

I heard from Ottawa 1st year med students that last year there were atleast 6 or 7 (and maybe more they weren't completely sure) that got in off the waitlist. However, it seems last year was a bit exceptional and a more "normal" year is lower than that (3-5 maybe?).

If anyone has more concrete information don't hesitate to correct me...

Another point to remember is that there are 4 extra french spots this year which means the possibility of more people refusing the offer. So lets hope for the best!

Good luck!

common people !

take 2 seconds for us frenchy !!! I'm pretty sure some people from last year and the years before can tell us how long the good french list is !!!!

cheers !

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I'm guessing the "good waitlist" means you have a good chance of getting in, and they of course considered the difference in movement between the french & english waitlist when deciding how many people that represented. Ergo, good waitlist = good chance of getting in. I understand that everyone on the waitlist would really like to get a "yes" or "no" right away, I can imagine how hard it is to wait for an answer and not know when you'll get it. Unfortunately though, there's no way to tell right now. I think trying to predict it more than that will not be of much use, they don't give you your spot on the waitlist anyway. Only time will tell! Try to enjoy what might be your last summer 'till med school, don't let it slip away!

Best of luck!

Archived