Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Cutoff Applied to Graduate Students

Hi all,

On the Queen's website, they mention that if an individual does not meet the cutoffs for admission (either cumulative GPA or last 2 years) but have completed a graduate degree, their application may still be considered. Does anyone know if this applies to the MCAT cutoffs as well or are these more strictly enforced?

Thanks for any thoughts,

CinnamonQueen

Hi all,

On the Queen's website, they mention that if an individual does not meet the cutoffs for admission (either cumulative GPA or last 2 years) but have completed a graduate degree, their application may still be considered. Does anyone know if this applies to the MCAT cutoffs as well or are these more strictly enforced?

Thanks for any thoughts,

CinnamonQueen

Sorry to tell you, but the MCAT one is very strictly enforced... I am a current grad student and got cut for having a Q on WS instead of an R this year, while meeting every other cutoff (2 year undergrad GPA, all component and total MCAT cuts except WS).

Sorry to tell you, but the MCAT one is very strictly enforced... I am a current grad student and got cut for having a Q on WS instead of an R this year, while meeting every other cutoff (2 year undergrad GPA, all component and total MCAT cuts except WS).

Just want to confirm this.

I was lucky: I met the MCAT cutoffs but was slightly below the GPA cut.

Archived