Premed 101 Forums

anyone else going crazy?

anyone else here going crazy trying to cut and past their autobiographical essay from word to the application. everytime i do it, the application program states that i am using too many characters even though i am 100% sure i am under the 7400 character limit. i tried pasting through notepad to re-format the essay but nothing is working. emailing the admissions office was equally useless as they just directed me to the troubleshooting page which gives advice on things i have already tried.

anyone have anymore ideas.

yeah, i've went over everything a thousand times. i considered free writing it like the previous post suggested except that the font appears way lower than font 12 and there is no way to change the size. i emailed the admissions office again to try and straighten it out.

Hi there!

I was having trouble with the essay character limit as well, until I removed all the indentations for each new paragraph. Try block paragraphs instead. It seemed to work for me :) For some reason, it looked like the system was counting each "Tab" as several characters. Good luck!

Archived