Premed 101 Forums

MCAT score guide

futuredoc

Here's a guide:

1) Under 20 and/or M, YES

2) 20-25 and/or M-O, rather iffy but MAYBE acceptable (very unlikely)

3) 26-30 and/or P-Q, close, your call (check university stats)

4) 31-35 and/or R, no unless you have a severely unbalanced score

5) 36+ and/or S+, DON'T FEED THE TROLL (see "what are my chances")

Remember to take into account your residence as that may have an additional effect. If you still have questions, then ask the people on the forums.

Here's my advice:

28 or less, rewrite if you're serious about medical school unless you have a phenomenal GPA in which case U of S. McMaster, and Ottawa will still be super.

28 or >, is that indicitive of your ability? I know someone who rewrote with a 41S and people who are thrilled with 29's. If you think that within a reasonable doubt you could do significantly (2 points or greater) better, rewrite.

Here's my advice:

28 or less, rewrite if you're serious about medical school unless you have a phenomenal GPA in which case U of S. McMaster, and Ottawa will still be super.

28 or >, is that indicitive of your ability? I know someone who rewrote with a 41S and people who are thrilled with 29's. If you think that within a reasonable doubt you could do significantly (2 points or greater) better, rewrite.

this shouldn't be a blanket statement, it totally depends on the school.

ie. at ubc regardless of whether you are IP or OOP they only care that you don't get lower than 7 on any particular section

even at UofT they don't really care as long as you get 9's in each section.

conversely, don't even bother applying as an OOP to UofM unless you have at least a balanced 33 or so. same goes with OOP UofC, if you have less than a 3.9 best two years gpa you are gonna need at least 11's and probably 12' s in VR and BS just to get past their initial logarithm formula and qualify for the their overall evaluation process.

so really, it totally depends on what school you are looking at, you are gonna get a hundred different answers here so you have to do the research for each individual school.

Archived