Premed 101 Forums

anybody notice no employment hours required?

has anybody noticed that ubc is like the only med school that doens't require you to write down your employment hours, seems kinda weird to me, unless employers are one of the main things they verify and so obtain your work hours that way.

the way they have the application set up, its impossible to tell if someone worked full time or 1 hour a week.

i've maxed out every single character with a thorough description of my job and i don't feel like taking an entire line out just to write my hours. if ubc wants to know my hours they can phone my employer or else they should have left a space for that on the application.

besides i worked casual and chose my own hours, so i might work 24 hours one week and then 0 hours then next. writing in this situation would just take way too much space.

Ya I would put down the hours in the description too (unless you had the job but really didn't do many hours).

On a different note, for the activities section where you need to say how many hours you volunteer and such, what are you guys doing about things you don't really have a verifier for on the number of hours?

Like, say for sports/etc, if I want to put that I run twice a week for an hour, there isn't really anyone who watches me and can verify I do this, sooooo?

you'd think though that they would make that clear if writing hours was essential. i just had a lot of diverse health related duties in all my jobs and i completely filled out the description. this thread is making me re-think whether or not i should take a line out and put in the hours.

Archived